2017-18 Common Scholarship Application
General Scholarship: The Adams 14 Education Foundation awards scholarships to graduating seniors from Adams County School District 14 for the institution of their choice including vocational schools, community colleges, 4-year colleges and universities. The Foundation offers scholarships ranging from one-year to four-year with some of the one-year scholarships having the potential to be renewed on a case-to-case basis. Review the application form for eligibility and details of each scholarship. All scholarships listed below are offered through this application with exception of Commerce City Rotary/Adams 14 Education Foundation Scholarship*.
? Adams 14 Education Foundation General Scholarship
? Adams County/Adams 14 Education Foundation Scholarship
? Colorado Mesa University/Adams 14 Education Foundation Scholarship
? Community College of Aurora/Adams 14 Education Foundation Scholarship
? Rocky Mountain Recycling Scholarship
? Suncor Energy USA Scholarship
Deadline: All applications must be turned in to your counselor by March 5, 2018 (an extension of the deadline may be given based on circumstances). Interviews will be held on March 20th and 21th from 3pm-9pm. Scholarship recipients will be notified by April 9, 2018 All scholarship recipients will be invited and must attend the Education Foundation’s annual dinner “The 14er Fest” on April 26, 2018 to have their achievements recognized. Please direct all questions to your college counselor. Counselors: please send the individual application, recommendation letter(s), and school documents electronically in one email to Dale Mingilton; email@example.com.
General Scholarships. Selected students must:
- Attend Adams City High School or Lester Arnold High School;
- Show evidence of service to community or family and/or school involvement such as student government or athletics;
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment to academic growth;
- PELL eligibility may be required for certain scholarships:
- Maintain a GPA of 2.75 (With some exceptions; i.e. your scholarship will still be reviewed regardless of GPA)
- Complete the application, including the attachments listed below:
- Typed essays (see page 3 for content);
- At least one letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor or community member (letter should address reasons student shows promise including academic achievement and service and how a scholarship would encourage him/her to pursue their educational goals);
- School transcript;
- Copy of FASFA Report
- Parental or Guardian Proof of Income
- Participate in a personal interview
*Commerce City Rotary/Adams 14 Education Foundation Scholarship: Application is separate – see foundation.adams14.org for application or your counselor.
Click on the link below to apply!